Privacy notice- Referral program
This document describes how Polestar processes your personal data or personal information (but we will refer to it here as “personal data”) when you participate in the referral program.
2. Who we are
Polestar Performance AB, a Swedish legal entity with company registration number 556653-3096 with address Assar Gabrielssons Väg 9, SE-405 31 Gothenburg, Sweden, hereinafter referred to as “Polestar”, “we” and “our”, will as controller process your personal data as described below.
3. What personal data we collect and why
When you participate in the in the referral program (the “Program”), either as Referring customer or as Referring owner we collect from you, your identifiers (such as name, email address, phone number, street address, and Polestar ID) and commercial /vehicle information (such as Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), order date and delivery date.
The person who refers another customer is the “Referring owner” and the person who gets the link from the Referring owner is the “Referring customer”. Polestar will only collect personal data of the Referring customer when the Referring customer registers a Polestar ID.
The purpose of our processing for you as the Referring owner is to administer your participation in the Program and give you rewards for completed and approved referrals. The purpose of our processing for you as the Referring customer is to administer your participation in the Program and offer you gifts once the car has been handed over to you. The data that is collected is the same for all customers and the gift/reward does not depend on which data the customer has given us. None of the personal data in this processing will be used for profiling or marketing
To the extent GDPR applies to the processing, the legal basis for our processing of your personal data in order to administer your participation in the Program is that it is necessary for the performance of the contract with you.
4. How long we keep your data
We will retain your personal data used for administration of your participation in the Program and deliver rewards up to thirty (30) days after the termination of your Polestar ID or in any event up to three (3) years after joining the Program.
5. Who we share your personal data with
We will share your personal data with the following categories of third parties, on a need-to-know basis:
• Processors (service providers and other parties): Polestar shares your personal data with processors that assist us in the process of the Program. These service providers include our cloud software and data hosting providers. The processor is limited by contract in their ability to use your personal data for any purpose other than to provide services for us in compliance with the data processing agreement in place:
• SalesForceUK Limited (United Kingdom)
• SalesForce Marketing Cloud (United States)
• Amazon Web Services Ireland Limited and its subprocessors (European Union)
• Within the Polestar group: We share the status of whether or not a customer is a Referring owner or Referring customer with Polestar Automitive USA Inc so that it can support the customer if there is question about the status of their referral. To the extent GDPR applies to the processing, the legal basis for this sharing is our legitimate interest in carrying out our business and the processing efficiently.
• Authorities: We may share your personal data to third parties, such as legal advisors, law enforcement agencies, or governmental/regulatory bodies in order to protect our legal interests and other rights, protect against fraud or other illegal activities, for risk management purposes, and to comply with our legal obligations. To the extent GDPR applies to the processing, the legal basis for this sharing is compliance with legal obligations and our legitimate interest in compliance with laws applicable to Polestar.
• Business partners: In the event that we enter into, or intend to enter into, a transaction that alters the structure of our business, such as a reorganization, merger, acquisition, sale, joint venture, assignment, consolidation, transfer, change of control, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, we may share personal data. To the extent GDPR applies to the processing, the legal basis for this sharing is our legitimate interest in the efficient operation of our business.
• Other third parties: Status information on when a car is ordered and when the car is handed over is shared to the Referring owner. No other personal data will be share with the status. To the extent GDPR applies to the processing, the legal basis for this sharing is our and the Referring owner’s legitimate interest to administrate and claim the rewards since the reward is only granted once the car is delivered.
6. Transfer of your personal data
We share the status of whether or not a customer is a Referring owner or Referring customer with Polestar Automotive USA Inc so that it can support the customer if there is question about the status of their referral. As the US is not subject to an adequacy decision by the European Commission, this reverse transfer of the US based data from us to Polestar USA is based upon Standard Contractual Clauses adopted by the European Commission, available here.
7. Your rights
To the extent GDPR applies, you have specific legal rights relating to the personal data we process about you. You can access the data we hold about you, ask for rectification or restriction of your data, request to have your data ported to another entity, request that we delete your data, and finally you can file a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority.
If you are a California resident, you have rights in connection to our collection and processing of your personal data (information) under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) please see here.
8. Contact information
In order to exercise your rights under GDPR, please use this web form. In order to exercise your rights under CCPA, please use this web form. If you have any other questions regarding the subject matter of personal data protection, you can contact us or our Data Protection Officer on the contact details stated on polestar.cn/privacy-policy.
9. Changes to our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right, at our discretion, to modify our privacy practices and update and make changes to this privacy notice at any time. For this reason, we encourage you to refer to this privacy notice on an ongoing basis. This privacy notice is current as of the date which appears at the top of the document. We will treat your personal data in a manner consistent with the privacy notice under which they were collected, unless we have your consent to treat them differently. If the changes allow us to use personal data in ways that materially affect your rights, we will post a special note on our digital platforms and, if required by law, will prompt you for your consent for certain changes.