Privacy notice – Event registration and participation
This document describes how Polestar processes your personal data when you register to and/or participate in a Polestar Event.
2. Who we are
Polestar Performance AB, a Swedish legal entity with company registration number 556653-3096 with address Assar Gabrielssons Väg 9 405 31 Göteborg, Sweden, hereinafter referred to as “Polestar AB”, and Polestar Automotive USA Inc, a US legal entity with company registration number 82-5420108 with address 777 Macarthur Blvd. Mahwah, NJ 07430 USA, hereinafter referred to as ”Polestar USA”, process your personal data as described below. For some events, Polestar AB will be the organizer of the event and may share information of the attendance with Polestar USA; in this case, to the extent the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) applies, we would be joint controllers for the marketing activities in this information. For other events, Polestar USA will be the organizer of the event and may share information of the attendance with Polestar AB; in this case, to the extent GDPR applies, we would be joint controllers for the marketing activities in this information. In addition, in such cases Polestar AB will assist Polestar USA the sending of communications related to the event; in the case, to the extent GDPR applies, Polestar AB will be a data processor for Polestar USA.
3. What personal data we collect and why
We process the personal data that you provide and that we otherwise collect, such as name, address, email address, phone number and date of birth, when you register and participate in a Polestar Event (the Event). The purpose of our processing is to administrate your participation in the Event. The legal basis for our processing is the performance of a contract with you.
We may use your contact details for security reasons (e.g. in case of fire or other safety incident). To the extent GDPR applies to the processing, the legal basis for our processing is our legitimate interest.
Where we provide food during the Event, you may be asked to provide information about your food allergies or other conditions. The purpose of our processing is to adapt our menu. To the extent GDPR applies to the processing, the legal basis for our processing is your consent.
We may take photos and record video footage on both physical and digital (e.g. webinars) events, which can be used for commercial, marketing and advertising campaigns in all types of media, printed and digital, internally, externally, nationally or globally to promote Polestar, its business, vehicles and brand. We may use these to provide internal educational resources. We will also store the photographs and video footage and audio recordings for reference. To the extent GDPR applies to the processing, the legal basis for our processing is our legitimate interest.
If we interview you or want to use close-up photos or footage of you, we will ask for your authorization and will ask that you sign a consent. To the extent GDPR applies, the legal basis for our processing is your consent. You may revoke the consent, with effect going forward, by using the request form below.
4. How long we keep your data
We will retain your personal data used for administration of your participation in the Event up to one (1) year after the end of the Event.
We will retain your personal data for the adaption of the menu during the Event up to one (1) week after the end of the Event.
In relation to processing of your personal data for marketing purposes, we will actively use these for a period of five (5) years from the date of the Event, where after published marketing materials will remain viewable for the public in our digital channels. Marketing materials that are not used or removed from our digital channels will be stored for reference.
5. Who we share your personal data with
Other than the sharing between Polestar AB and Polestar USA as described in Section 2 above, we will share your personal data with the following categories of recipients, on a need-to-know basis:
- Processors (Service providers and other parties): Polestar share your personal data with processors that assist us in the process. These service providers include our cloud software and data hosting providers. The processing is limited by contract in their ability to use your personal data for any purpose other than to provide services for us in compliance with the data processing agreement in place:
- SWOOGO (Ireland)
- SalesForce UK Limited (United Kingdom)
- Authorities: We may share your personal data to third parties, such as legal advisors, law enforcement agencies, or governmental/regulatory bodies in order to protect our legal interests and other rights, protect against fraud or other illegal activities, for risk management purposes, and to comply with our legal obligations. To the extent GDPR applies to the processing, the legal basis for this sharing is compliance with legal obligations and our legitimate interest in compliance with laws applicable to Polestar.
- Business partners: In the event that we enter into, or intend to enter into, a transaction that alters the structure of our business, such as a reorganization, merger, acquisition, sale, joint venture, assignment, consolidation, transfer, change of control, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, we may share personal data. To the extent GDPR applies to the processing, the legal basis for this sharing is our legitimate interest in the efficient operation of our business.
6. Transfer of your personal data
We share personal data with Polestar USA so that it can support the in the administration of the Event if it is located in the USA. As the US is not subject to an adequacy decision by the European Commission, this reverse transfer of the US based data from us to Polestar USA and processor in the USA is based upon Standard Contractual Clauses adopted by the European Commission, available here. More information about which recipients we share personal data with can be found in Section 5.
7. Your rights
If you are a California resident, you have rights in connection to our collection and processing of your personal data (information) under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) please see here.
To the extent GDPR applies, you have specific legal rights relating to the personal data we process about you. You can access the data we hold about you, ask for rectification or restriction of your data, request to have your data ported to another entity, request that we delete your data, and finally you can file a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority.
8. Contact information
In order to exercise your rights under GDPR, please use this web form. In order to exercise your rights under CCPA, please use this web form. If you have any other questions regarding the subject matter of personal data protection, you can contact us or our Data Protection Officer on the contact details stated on polestar.cn/privacy-policy.
9. Changes to our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right, at our discretion, to modify our privacy practices and update and make changes to this privacy notice at any time. For this reason, we encourage you to refer to this privacy notice on an ongoing basis. This privacy notice is current as of the date which appears at the top of the document. We will treat your personal data in a manner consistent with the privacy notice under which they were collected, unless we have your consent to treat them differently. If the changes allow us to use personal data in ways that materially affect your rights, we will post a special note on our digital platforms and, if required by law, will prompt you for your consent for certain changes.