TERMS AND CONDITIONS – THE 2022 GOODWOOD FESTIVAL OF SPEED GIVEAWAY
Please read these terms and conditions ("Terms") carefully. These Terms apply to "The 2022 Goodwood Festival of Speed giveaway" prize draw (the "Prize Draw"). You will be legally bound by these Terms from the time you submit an entry for the Prize Draw.
If there is a conflict in these Terms with any other terms whatsoever attached to any other advertising material in respect of this Prize Draw, these conditions will take precedence.
The promoter of the Prize Draw is Polestar Automotive UK Ltd (“Polestar”), of Li Close Ansty Park, Ansty, Coventry, England, CV7 9RF. If you have any queries about the Prize Draw or these Terms then please contact us by completing the contact form available at https://www.polestar.cn/uk/polestar-support/.
Opening and closing dates, eligibility
- The Prize Draw will begin at around 11:59 on 25 May 2022 and close at 23:59 on 28 May 2022 (the "Prize Draw Period").
- The Prize Draw is open to all individuals who are residents of the United Kingdom, aged 18 years or over at the time of entry into the Prize Draw.
- The Prize Draw is not open to employees, volunteers, contractors, representatives, agents, officers or directors of Polestar, their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, marketing agencies, or to any of their immediate family members or persons living in the same household, whether or not related, or any other person professionally involved in the Prize Draw.
- Polestar reserves the right to verify the eligibility of any entrant. Polestar may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for this purpose and may withhold the prize until eligibility has been verified.
- The Prize Draw is free to enter. There is no purchase required.
- Internet access and a valid mobile phone number and email address are required to enter the Prize Draw.
- To enter the Prize Draw, you must do the following:
- If you are an existing Polestar customer and receive an email from us, then you must:
- visit the link included in our email;
- enter the following details where requested on the entry form: name, email address, mobile phone number and postcode; and
- select the day you would like to attend the 2022 Goodwood Festival of Speed event, being:
- Thursday 23 June 2022;
- Friday 24 June 2022;
- Saturday 25 June; or
- Sunday 26 June 2022,
by the end of the Prize Draw Period. To avoid disappointment, please do not forward any email invitation you receive on to anyone else. They are not eligible to enter or to receive any prize. It may also invalidate your entry.
- If you are not an existing Polestar customer, then you must:
- visit the link included in our email to you (where applicable); or
- respond to a post about the Prize Draw, which will be posted by Polestar on its Facebook account, by clicking on the link;
- enter the following details where requested on the entry form: name, email address, mobile phone number and postcode;
- answer whether you are considering switching to an electric vehicle within the next six months; and
- Thursday 23 June 2022;
- Friday 24 June 2022;
- Saturday 25 June; or
- Sunday 26 June 2022,
by the end of the Prize Draw Period.
- Entries received by the Promoter during the Prize Draw Period will:
- be entered into a prize draw to win either VIP tickets (if you are a Polestar customer) or general admission tickets (if you are not a Polestar customer); and
- be entered into a sub-prize draw for either VIP tickets or General Admission tickets for the day selected on the entry form.
- Entries must be completed correctly and received by Polestar during the Prize Draw Period to be eligible for the Prize Draw. All entries completed or received outside the Prize Draw Period will not be included in the Prize Draw and will not be eligible to win the Prize.
- Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Prize Draw should be directed to Polestar by completing the contact form available at https://www.polestar.cn/uk/polestar-support/.
- Polestar accepts no responsibility for entries that are illegible or lost, delayed, damaged or rendered invalid for any reason beyond its control. Polestar will not be held responsible if you incorrectly select the day you would like to attend the 2022 Goodwood Festival of Speed.
Restrictions on Entry
- There is a maximum of one (1) entry per person.
- Participants who seek to enter multiple times may be disqualified. Entries generated by script, macro, mechanical or other automated means are prohibited and will cause disqualification. Multiple entries made through agents, third parties, organised groups or any entry duplication method will not be accepted.
- Polestar reserves the right to disqualify any entrant it believes is in breach of the Terms or not to be participating within the spirit of the promotion or suspects of participating in any unfair or unjust behaviour.
- Entries that are not submitted in accordance with these Terms and/or that are delayed, damaged, incomplete, altered, illegible or otherwise defective will be disqualified and not eligible to receive a prize.
- If at any time you wish to withdraw from the Prize Draw your request should be made by completing the contact form available at https://www.polestar.cn/uk/polestar-support/.
Selection of the Winners
- For existing Polestar customers, winners will be selected at random from all valid and eligible entries selecting the applicable event day, received during the Prize Draw Period ("Customer Winners"). The number of Customer Winners is as follows:
- Thursday 23 June 2022: 3 winners
- Friday 24 June 2022: 4 winners
- Saturday 25 June: 4 winners
- Sunday 26 June 2022: 3 winners
For the avoidance of doubt, there will be four draws for the Customer Winners – one for each day of the 2022 Goodwood Festival of Speed event.
- For non-Polestar customers, winners will be selected at random from all valid and eligible entries selecting the applicable event day, received during the Prize Draw Period ("Non-Customer Winners"). The number of Non-Customer Winners is as follows:
- Thursday 23 June 2022: 8 winners
- Friday 24 June 2022: 8 winners
- Saturday 25 June: 8 winners
- Sunday 26 June 2022: 8 winners
For the avoidance of doubt, there will be four draws for the Non-Customer Winners – one for each day of the 2022 Goodwood Festival of Speed event.
- The Customer Winners will each win a pair of VIP tickets to the 2022 Goodwood Festival of Speed (the "Customer Prize"). The Customer Prize consists of: free entry to the Goodwood Festival of Speed 2022 event, access to the outdoor areas including all paddocks and access to the Partner Sponsors Enclosure by Goodwood House with its own private grandstand trackside and Partners Lounge located next to the Cricket Pitch.
- The Non-Customer Winners will each win a pair of General Admission tickets to the 2022 Goodwood Festival of Speed (the "Non-Customer Prize"). The Non-Customer Prize consists of: free entry to the Goodwood Festival of Speed 2022 event and access to the outdoor areas including all paddocks.
Winners and Prizes
For the purposes of this section and the remainder of the Terms, "Winners" shall refer to all winners selected in connection with this Prize Draw (namely, the Customer Winners and the Non-Customer Winners) and "Prizes" shall refer to all prizes selected under this Prize Draw (namely, the Customer Prizes and the Non-Customer Prizes).
- The Winners will be drawn on 30th May 2022.
- The Winners will be notified that they have won through the email address and/or telephone number provided in their entry the week commencing 30th May 2022. Entrants are encouraged to monitor their email accounts (including spam folders) and phones during this time in case they win. Entrants who have not won a Prize will not be notified.
- The Winners must acknowledge this notification within 48 hours, accepting the Prize and confirming their compliance with these Terms. The Winners may be required to provide personal information pertaining to them (including their delivery address) and their guest on request by Polestar in order to fulfil the Prize.
- If a Winner does not respond to the notification after reasonable efforts have been made to contact the Winner, does not accept the Prize or is not eligible for the Prize and/or has not complied with the Terms, Polestar reserves the right to withdraw the Prize and award the Prize to a replacement Winner selected in the same way as the original Winner.
- The surname and county of the Winners and the Prizes won will (unless a Winner has objected on lawful grounds) be made available by completing the contact form available at https://www.polestar.cn/uk/polestar-support/ by 60 days after the Prize Draw Period.
- The Prizes will be posted to the postal addresses supplied by the Winners in accordance with these Terms within fourteen (14) working days of a Winner acknowledging they have won the Prize.
- It is the responsibility of the Winners to ensure that they and their guest can attend the 2022 Goodwood Festival of Speed on the date they have selected.
- The Prizes do not include and the Winners will not be entitled to any travel, accommodation, food or drinks, priority car parking, personal expenses or spending money or any other costs associated with attending the 2022 Goodwood Festival of Speed that are not specifically included in the description of the Prizes as set out in paragraphs 19 and 20 All such costs shall be the sole responsibility of the Winners.
- There is no cash or other prize alternative to the Prizes, except in the event of circumstances outside Polestar's reasonable control, where Polestar reserves the right (but is not obliged) to substitute a similar or alternative prize of equivalent or greater value.
- The Prizes may not be assigned and are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- The Winners may be required to take part in non-paid publicity or advertising relating to the Prize Draw, which may include having their photograph taken for promotional and/or press purposes. Polestar reserves the right to feature the name, photograph and location of the Winners in any future marketing materials, website publications, promotions and/or prize draws.
- Any decision of Polestar is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- It is the responsibility of the entrant to provide correct, up-to-date details when entering the Prize Draw and upon acceptance of any Prize. Polestar cannot be held responsible for a Winner failing to supply accurate information which then affects Prize acceptance or fulfilment of their Prize.
- Polestar reserves the right to delay, postpone or cancel the Prize Draw and/or amend or alter these Terms without prior notice in the event of circumstances outside its reasonable control, which it considers make it necessary for it to do so. By continuing to take part in the Prize Draw subsequent to any revision, participants shall be deemed to have agreed to the amended terms.
- Polestar accepts no responsibility or liability for:
- any entries which are not received due to the use of incorrect or inaccurate entry information, any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions, or for any other reason;
- any unauthorised access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of the Prize Draw;
- any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers used in any aspect of the operation of the Prize Draw;
- inaccessibility or unavailability of any network or wireless service, the Internet and/or any website; or
- any injury or damage to any person’s computer(s) or mobile device(s) which may be related to or result from any attempt to participate in the Prize Draw or to download any materials in connection with the Prize Draw.
- Polestar will award the Prizes as described in these Terms, but Polestar accepts no responsibility or liability for any use of the Prize. The use of tickets and entry to the 2022 Goodwood Festival of Speed is subject to any terms and conditions referenced on the ticket and the conditions of entry. The Winners and their guests are responsible for complying with those terms and conditions. Polestar is not responsible if the Winners and/or their guests are refused entry or are ejected because they have not complied, or are suspected not to have complied, with the relevant conditions. Any issues in relation to entry and any complaints or claims relating to a Winner's and their guest's attendance at the festival should be dealt with between the Winner/their guest and the venue, save only where there is an issue with the tickets supplied to the winners by Polestar.
- Any personal information supplied in connection with the Prize Draw will be used, shared and retained as set out in the Privacy Notice posted at https://legal.polestar.cn/uk/privacy/privacy-notice-price-draw
- The Prize Draw and these Terms (including any non-contractual disputes or claims arising out of them) are subject to English law. Any disputes must be referred to the English courts. If the entrant is a resident of Northern Ireland or Scotland, then they will additionally be entitled to bring an action in their home courts.