ELLE & Polestar Design Towards Zero Award
Please read these terms and conditions ("Terms") carefully. These Terms apply to "ELLE & Polestar Design Towards Zero Award" contest (the "Award Contest"). You will be legally bound by these Terms from the time you submit an entry for the Award Contest.
If there is a conflict in these Terms with any other terms whatsoever attached to any other advertising material in respect of this Award Contest, these conditions will take precedence.
The promoter of the Award is Polestar Automotive Sweden AB (“Polestar”), of Assar Gabrielssons väg 9, 418 78 Gothenburg, Sweden. If you have any queries about the Award or these Terms then please contact us by completing the contact form available at https://www.polestar.cn/se/polestar-support/contact-form/. Please note that the contact form is only available in Swedish. You can also talk to Polestar directly by phone: +4620889228. Depending on your subscription, additional charges may be imposed by your telephone operator.
Opening and closing dates, eligibility
1. The Award Contest will begin at around 13.00 CET on 6 March 2023 and close at 16.00 CET on 24 March 2023 (the "Award Contest Period").
2. The Award is open to all individuals and corporations who meet the following requirements:
2.1 Age – Individuals must be at least the age of majority in their jurisdictions of residence.
2.2 Exclusions – The following are not eligible: (i) individual citizens or residents of the following jurisdictions: Cuba, Iran, North Korea, the Crimea region of Ukraine, Syria, and Venezuela or temporary or permanent residents of any country in which the Contest participation is prohibited by law or would impose undue hardship on either the individual or the Organizer (defined below) based on applicable national or multinational jurisdiction export control restrictions; (ii) an Individual employed by a government or private entity, which may be subject to applicable U.S., Sweden, the European Union, or the United Nations export control sanctions; (iii) residents of the Province of Québec (Canada); and (iv) employees, contractors, directors and officers of Polestar Performance AB. Assar Gabrielssons väg 9, 418 78 Gothenburg, Sweden (“Organizer”) or its subsidiaries, affiliates and agents, as well as the Immediate Family of each such employee. (“Immediate Family”) shall mean an Individual who is a spouse, parent, sibling, child, or household member.
2.3 Employer/Entity Permission/Acknowledgement – Individuals hereby represent and warrant that his/her participation in the Award Contest will not violate any third-party rights or obligations, including without limitation third party intellectual property rights or policies or procedures of an employer or an entity created pursuant to the laws of its jurisdiction, which may include without limitation a university or other educational/research institution (“Entity”) or contractual obligations to or restrictions of an employer or Entity. To the extent an Individual’s participation is within the scope of his or her employment as an employee, contractor, or agent, or the purview as a student, member, representative or otherwise of an Entity, the Individual must have notified his or her employer or the Entity, as applicable, at the time of entry in the Contest, including without limitation the potential receipt of a prize. For the avoidance of doubt, Individuals who are students, instructors, or professors at a university, or otherwise employed by a university must meet the requirements of this subsection. Organizer reserves the right to request documented confirmation of any such approval or acknowledgment from Entrant’s employer or any Entity, as applicable. Organizer may disqualify any Entrant who fails to provide such documentation immediately upon Organizer’s request thereof in Organizer’s sole and absolute discretion.
2.4 Visa – Each Entrant must possess a valid passport to travel to Sweden with a visa valid for travel to and short-term stay in Sweden for the ELLE Gala (if applicable), as described and defined below.
2.5 English – Individuals must fluently speak, read, write, and understand English. All discussions with Judges, as defined below, will be conducted in English.
2.6 Entity Exclusions – Entities must NOT (i) have any legal jurisdiction incorporation or business registration presence in Cuba, Iran, North Korea, the Crimea region of Ukraine, Syria, and Venezuela; (ii) be subject to applicable U.S., Sweden, the European Union, or the United Nations export control sanctions; or (iii) be a parent or subsidiary of the Organizer.
3. The Award is not open to employees, volunteers, contractors, representatives, agents, officers or directors of Polestar, their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, marketing agencies, or to any of their immediate family members or persons living in the same household, whether or not related, or any other person professionally involved in the Award.
4. Polestar reserves the right to verify the eligibility of any entrant. Polestar may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for this purpose and may withhold the prize until eligibility has been verified.
5. The Award Contest is free to enter. There is no purchase required.
6. Internet access and a valid mobile phone number and email address are required to enter the Award.
7. To enter the Award Contest (the “Entrant”), you must do the following:
7.1 Provide first and last name, email address, phone number and country. Company information is optional.
7.2 Submit presentation of the designer/company and the solution using innovative and circular materials within the fashion industry. PDF, maximal 30 MB. Optional: Additional image files: gif, jpeg, jpg, png, eps, ai, maximal 10 MB. Video files, avi, m4v, mov, mp4, mpg, rm, srt, swf, wmv.
7.3 Submissions received by Polestar during the Award Period will be judged by a panel of internationally influential and profiled members within design and sustainability in the fashion industry, including among others Muchaneta ten Napel, Lisa Lang, Fredrika Klarén, and Cia Jansson (“Judges” or the “Jury”).
8. Entries must be completed correctly and received by Polestar during the Award Contest Period to be eligible. All entries completed or received outside the Award Contest Period will not be included and will not be eligible to win the Award Contest.
9 Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Award should be directed to Polestar by completing the contact form available at https://www.polestar.cn/se/polestar-support/contact-form/.
10. Polestar accepts no responsibility for entries that are illegible or lost, delayed, damaged or rendered invalid for any reason beyond its control.
Restrictions on Entry
11. Entries generated by script, macro, mechanical or other automated means are prohibited and will cause disqualification. Multiple entries made through agents, third parties, organised groups or any entry duplication method will not be accepted.
12. Polestar reserves the right to disqualify any entrant it believes is in breach of the Terms or not to be participating within the spirit of the promotion or suspects of participating in any unfair or unjust behaviour.
13. Entries that are not submitted in accordance with these Terms and/or that are delayed, damaged, incomplete, altered, illegible or otherwise defective will be disqualified and not eligible to receive a prize.
14. If at any time you wish to withdraw from the Award Contest your request should be made by completing the contact form available at https://www.polestar.cn/se/polestar-support/contact-form/.
Selection of the Winners
15. Each submission will be judged based on a base criteria of good and innovative design, new ideas and products, reduction of emissions, no carbon emissions offsetting and solutions that are scalable and applicable across industries.
16. All decisions made by the jury are final.
17. Travel to and attendance at the ELLE Gala in Stockholm, Sweden on 21 April 2023 (the “Trip Prize”) receive the honours and diploma on stage and ELLE Sweden.
18. The prize consists of a one (1) day, two (2) nights for the Winner (defined below) to the ELLE Gala, to be held in Stockholm, Sweden (the “Prize”). The Prize may also include the opportunity for the Winner to take part in a public and/or invitational conversation, panel discussion, and/or interview regarding the Winner’s submission to the Award Contest (“Design Talk”). The Organizer will make efforts to arrange the Design Talk in connection with the ELLE Gala, but if this is not possible, attendance at the Design Talk will be included for the Winner at the Organizer’s expense on the same terms and conditions as applicable for the Trip Prize and the Prize in accordance with these Terms. In the following, the Trip Prize and the Prize are together referred to as the “Grand Prize”.
19. The designated destination for attendance at the ELLE Gala in Sweden is subject to Organizer’s determination of the most practical and cost-effective destination based on residency of the Winner, in Organizer’s sole discretion.
20. The Trip Prize includes round-trip coach airfare from major gateway airport nearest the Winner’s residence and hotel accommodations in or around Stockholm, as applicable. Hotel is selected by the Organizer in its sole discretion. Taxes, meals, gratuities, travel upgrades, travel to gateway airport, costs associated with transportation of the computer system awarded as part of the Trip Prize, and any other expenses not specifically listed herein are the responsibility of the Winner. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability; certain restrictions, local health conditions, and blackout dates may apply.
21. Winner must be available to attend the ELLE Gala on the specified date, or prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate. Organizer is not liable for delays, cancellation, or unforeseen events related to the flights or to other travel arrangements as applicable.
22. Winner will be solely responsible for obtaining valid identification and travel visas relating to acceptance and use of the travel prize packages, and must be in compliance with all applicable health requirements of the host city.
23. If in the judgment of Organizer, air travel is not required due to Winner’s proximity to prize location, ground transportation will be substituted for roundtrip air travel at Organizer’s sole discretion. Organizer will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates.
24. Total value of Trip Prize awarded will depend on the Winner’s country/jurisdiction of residency and applicable transportation costs.
25. Prize is non-transferable. No substitutions or cash redemptions. In the case of unavailability of any prize, Organizer reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All federal, state, provincial and local taxes and unspecified expenses (including social contributions and/or VAT Taxes, where applicable) are the responsibility of the Winner.
26. AWARDS OF PRIZES TO POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO THE EXPRESS REQUIREMENT THAT THEY SUBMIT TO ORGANIZER ALL DOCUMENTATION REQUESTED BY ORGANIZER TO PERMIT IT COMPLY WITH ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, PROVINCIAL, LOCAL OR OTHER TAX REPORTING LAW OR REGULATIONS IN THE UNITED STATES AND IN THEIR RESPECTIVE JURISDICTION. IF APPLICABLE, ALL PRIZES WILL BE NET OF ANY TAXES ORGANIZER IS REQUIRED BY LAW TO WITHHOLD. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ALL TAXES IMPOSED ON PRIZES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNERS. Refusal by any Entrant to submit such documentation or complete any required forms or obligations shall result in such winner forfeiting the prize, leaving it unclaimed.
27. Limit one (1) prize per person or household.
Winners and Prizes
28. The Jury will select a winner (the “Winner”) beginning of April 2023.
29. The Winners will be notified that they have won through the email address and/or telephone number provided in their entry the week commencing 3rd April 2022. Entrants are encouraged to monitor their email accounts (including spam folders) and phones during this time in case they win. Entrants who have not won will not be notified.
30. The Winner must acknowledge this notification within 48 hours accepting the Grand Prize and confirming their compliance with these Terms. The Winners may be required to provide personal information pertaining to them (including their delivery address) and their guest on request by Polestar in order to fulfil the Grand Prize.
31. If a Winner does not respond to the notification after reasonable efforts have been made to contact the Winner, does not accept the Grand Prize or is not eligible for the Grand Prize and/or has not complied with the Terms, Polestar reserves the right to withdraw the Grand Prize and award the Grand Prize to a replacement Winner selected in the same way as the original Winner.
32. The surname and country of the Winners and the Prizes won will (unless a Winner has objected on lawful grounds) be made available. If Winner object against being published, Winner must complete the contact form available at https://www.polestar.cn/se/polestar-support/contact-form/ emailing the following address by 60 days after the Award Contest Period.
33. There is no cash or other prize alternative to the Grand Prize, except in the event of circumstances outside Polestar's reasonable control, where Polestar reserves the right (but is not obliged) to substitute a similar or alternative prize of equivalent or greater value.
34. The Grand Prize may not be assigned and are non-transferable and non-refundable.
35. By entering the Award Contest you agree, should you be selected as the Winner and upon Polestar’s request, to take part in non-paid publicity or advertising relating to the Grand Prize, which may include having your photograph taken for promotional and/or press purposes. As Winner you will be also required to participate in presenting the winning entry submission, e.g. in a video recorded interview and/or presentation as requested by Polestar. As Winner, you agree that Polestar shall have the right to feature your name, photograph and location in any future marketing materials, website publications, promotions and/or prize draws.
36. Polestar accepts no responsibility or liability for:
(i) any entries which are not received due to the use of incorrect or inaccurate entry information, any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions, or for any other reason;
(ii) any unauthorised access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of the Award Contest;
(iii) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers used in any aspect of the operation of the Award Contest;
(iv) inaccessibility or unavailability of any network or wireless service, the Internet and/or any website; or
(v) any injury or damage to any person’s computer(s) or mobile device(s) which may be related to or result from any attempt to participate in the Award Contest or to download any materials in connection with the Award Contest.
37. Any personal information supplied in connection with the Award Contest will be used, shared and retained as set out in the Privacy Notice posted here.
38. The Award Contest and these Terms (including any non-contractual disputes or claims arising out of them) are subject to Swedish law. Any disputes must be referred to the Swedish courts.
39. If you are an individual participating in the Award Contest as a consumer, you always have the right to turn to Sweden’s National Board for Consumer Disputes (the “NBCD”) to have a possible dispute tried. However, the decision of the NBCD is not binding and only constitutes a recommendation. More information about the NBCD and contact information can be found at www.arn.se. You can also turn to the EU's online platform for help in resolving any disputes. The EU's online platform is accessible through the following link: http://ec.europa.eu/odr.