Privacy notice - Journey Log app
This document describes how Polestar processes your personal data when you use the Journey Log app (“Journey Log”).
Who we are
Polestar Performance AB, a Swedish legal entity with company registration number 556653-3096 with address Assar Gabrielssons Väg 9 405 31 Göteborg, Sweden, hereinafter referred to as “Polestar”, “we” and “our”, is the controller who will process your personal data as described below.
What personal data we collect and why
Journey Log and its connected services involve the processing of the following categories of personal data:
- To use the features of JourneyLog, you must provide an e-mail address that will be used for provisioning (setting up the service for a specific user), and as destination for the trip exports.
- To use Journey Log, we collect following data points to properly be able to provide the service:
- State of charge (Remaining Wh) – Meta data to enrich trip with consumption details
- Vehicle specific Battery Capacity (kWh) – Meta data to enrich trip with consumption details
- Instantaneous charge rate (Power, mW) – Meta data to enrich trip with consumption details
Data to identify when a trip starts and stops:
- Parking brake state
- Gear selector state
- Unique user ID (anonymised but connected to the user’s e-mail address)
- User e-mail address – For Provisioning and Trip export to the user
We use this information to provide theJourney Log service, where the purpose is to provide a historical time line of categorised trips to the user. These historical trips could, for instance, be used to simplify tax reporting. The legal basis of the data processing is your consent.
Journeys recorded are stored for 1 year and are then automatically deleted.
When you turn off the service, your data, including your personal information, will be deleted after ninety (90) days.
- For app improvement purposes, Google Analytics is used for service monitoring and improvements input, the following data points are collected:
- When the user uses the app for the very first time
- When the user have logged in
- When the user enables or disables tracking in the app
- When the user started a trip
- When the user ended a trip
- When the user looks into a trip in the app
- App Crash reports
- Device type (Polestar model + Android version)
- App ID
- We also process your personal data to gain insights into how Journey Log is used and improve your experience of these services. The legal basis for this data processing is our legitimate interest to improve the usage and experience of the Journey Log.
- For research and development purposes to better understand how to improve our products and services and which new ones to develop, we use a data-driven approach to inform the direction of the development of products and services. The processing spans a wide range of analytics, modelling and research performed by our analysts and data scientists. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interest ((Art. 6.1.f) GDPR). Where possible, we restrict analyses to anonymized or pseudonymized data. The processing does not include any automatic decision making, such as profiling, of you.
Who we share your personal data with
We will share your personal data with the following categories of third parties, on a need-to-know basis:
Processing by other parties (processors)
Our processors supporting delivering the Polestar app, which are limited by contract in their ability to use your personal data for any purpose other than to provide services for us in compliance with each data processing agreement in place:
- WirelessCar Sweden – provider of connectivity service, data hosting
- Amazon Web Services Ireland Limited and its subprocessors (European Union) – data hosting
- Google Ireland Limited and its subprocessors, data center Europe-west1 (Belgium) https://www.google.com/about/datacenters/inside/locations/index.html; data transfer also to Google LLC, USA, under the Standard Contractual Clauses adopted by the European Commission, available here) – the following Google Firebase services are used within the scope of the Journey Log app:
- Cloud functions
- Firebase authentication
- Firebase crashlytics
- Firebase realtime database
- Firebase remote config
You have specific legal rights granted by the GDPR relating to the personal data we process about you. You can withdraw your consent or object to our processing of your data, access the data we hold about you, ask for rectification or restriction of your data, request to have your data ported to another entity, request that we delete your data, and you can file a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority.