Reservation of Polestar 6 LA Concept edition
This document describes how Polestar processes your personal data or personal information (but we will refer to it here as “personal data”) when you submit a reservation for a build slot of the limited edition car, the Polestar 6 LA Concept edition (the ”Car”).
2. Who we are
Polestar Performance AB, a Swedish legal entity with company registration number 556653-3096 with address Assar Gabrielssons Väg 9, SE-405 31 Gothenburg, Sweden, hereinafter referred to as “Polestar”, “we” and “our”, will as controller process your personal data as described below.
3. What personal data we collect and why
When you submit a reservation for the Car, we process the personal data that you provide and that we otherwise collect, such as name, contact details, bank account details and Polestar ID (if you already have or register one). The purpose is to conclude a reservation agreement with you and to contact you on the indicated contact channels regarding the reservation of a build slot and potential future purchase of the Car.
To the extent GDPR applies to the processing, the legal basis for our processing of your personal data is to enter into an agreement with you. The legal basis for keeping your data connected to your Polestar ID (if you already have or register one) is our legitimate interest to provide customer support.
4. How long we keep your data
We will retain your personal data used for administration of your reservation up to five (5) years after you submitted your reservation. If you have registered a Polestar ID, we will retain your data up to thirty (30) days after termination of your Polestar ID.
5. Who we share your personal data with
We will share your personal data with the following categories of recipients, on a need-to-know basis:
Within the Polestar group: We share your personal data with our Polestar Sales unit in the country you selected when you submitted the reservation. To the extent GDPR applies to the processing, the legal basis for this sharing is our legitimate interest in carrying out our business and the processing efficiently.
• Processors (Service providers and other parties): Polestar shares your personal data with processors that deliver services to our business. These service providers include our cloud software and data hosting providers. Processors are limited by contract in their ability to use your personal data for any purpose other than to provide services for us in compliance with the data processing agreement in place:
• SalesForce UK Limited (United Kingdom)
• SalesForce Marketing Cloud (United States)
• Genesys Telecommunications Laboratories AB (Frankfurt)
• Authorities: We may share your personal data to third parties, such as legal advisors, law enforcement agencies, or governmental/regulatory bodies in order to protect our legal interests and other rights, protect against fraud or other illegal activities, for risk management purposes, and to comply with our legal obligations. To the extent GDPR applies to the processing, the legal basis for this sharing is compliance with legal obligations and our legitimate interest in compliance with laws applicable to Polestar.
• Business partners: In the event that we enter into, or intend to enter into, a transaction that alters the structure of our business, such as a reorganization, merger, acquisition, sale, joint venture, assignment, consolidation, transfer, change of control, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, we may share personal data. To the extent GDPR applies to the processing, the legal basis for this sharing is our legitimate interest in the efficient operation of our business.
6. Transfer of your personal data
Transfers of your personal data to within the Polestar group, data processors and business partners located outside of EEA, where the destination country is not subject to an adequacy decision by the European Commission, is based upon Standard Contractual Clauses adopted by the European Commission, available here. More information about which recipients we share personal data with can be found in section 5.
7. Your rights
To the extent GDPR applies, you have specific legal rights granted by the General Data Protection Regulation relating to the personal data we process about you. You can withdraw your consent or object to our processing of your data, access the data we hold about you, ask for rectification or restriction of your data, request to have your data ported to another entity, request that we delete your data, and finally you can file a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority.
If you are a California resident, you have rights in connection to our collection and processing of your personal information under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), please see here.
8. Contact information
In order to exercise your rights under GDPR, please use this web form. In order to exercise your rights under CCPA, please use this web form. If you have any other questions regarding the subject matter of personal data protection, you can contact us or our Data Protection Officer on the contact details stated on polestar.cn/privacy-policy.
9. Changes to our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right, at our discretion, to modify our privacy practices and update and make changes to this privacy notice at any time. For this reason, we encourage you to refer to this privacy notice on an ongoing basis. This privacy notice is current as of the date which appears at the top of the document. We will treat your personal data in a manner consistent with the privacy notice under which they were collected, unless we have your consent to treat them differently. If the changes allow us to use personal data in ways that materially affect your rights, we will post a special note on our digital platforms and, if required by law, will prompt you for your consent for certain changes.