1. Our identity and contact details
Polestar Automotive Australia Pty Ltd
ACN 645 163 202
2. Facts and circumstances of collection
Your personal information is collected from:
- you when you provide your personal information;
- your authorised representatives, such as your family member, when they provide your personal information on your behalf;
- Polestar operators and Polestar Authorised Service Point operators when you provide your personal information to them, such as when you enquire about a Polestar vehicle in a Polestar retail space or service your Polestar vehicle at a Polestar Authorised Service Point;
- our related entities, including Polestar Performance AB, when you create a Polestar ID account, use Polestar Connect services, sign up to the Polestar newsletter, subscribe to Polestar marketing communications or an event or complete a Polestar survey; and
- service providers that assist with the operation of our business.
3. Collection required or authorised by law
Our collection of your personal information may be required or authorised by law if the purpose of the collection is to conduct a safety recall under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
4. Purposes of collection
The purposes for which we collect your personal information depends on the circumstances of the collection. For example:
- if you sign up to the Polestar newsletter, subscribe to Polestar marketing communications or a Polestar event, or submit a request or an expression of interest for a Polestar Vehicle, we collect your personal information to send you information about our business, products and services (including to notify you when a Polestar vehicle is available for a test drive);
- if you book a test drive, we collect your personal information to book and arrange your test drive and manage any vehicle incidents that occur during your test drive;
- if you purchase a new Polestar vehicle, we collect your personal information to complete the vehicle sales transaction and for other matters relating to your vehicle ownership, such as sending service reminders and safety recall communications;
- if you provide a copy of your driver licence, we collect your personal information to verify your identity and, in the case of a test drive, manage any vehicle incidents that may occur;
- if you arrange for safety recall works on your Polestar vehicle, we collect your personal information to arrange the works and conduct reporting, and for insurance and compliance purposes;
- if you submit an enquiry, request or complaint, we collect your personal information to respond to you and conduct any required investigations;
- if you complete a Polestar survey, we collect your personal information to perform analytics, reporting and training, address any issues you raise and improve our products and services;
- if you book your Polestar vehicle to be repaired or serviced at a Polestar Authorised Service Point, we collect your personal information to arrange the repair or service works and related services (such as pick up and drop off), to maintain your Polestar customer record and for our insurance purposes;
- if you provide products or services to us, we collect your personal information to communicate with you and for other purposes in connection with the relevant contractual arrangement; and
- if you apply for a job at Polestar, we collect your personal information to consider your application and conduct recruitment processes.
We also collect your personal information for the purposes of conducting research and development and online and social profiling in connection with our marketing communications.
5. Main consequences of not collecting personal information
We may not be able to undertake the purposes set out in section 4 above if you do not provide any personal information requested.
6. Third parties we usually disclose personal information to
We may disclose your personal information to Polestar operators, Polestar Authorised Service Point operators, our related entities, service providers that assist with the operation of our business and other third parties for the purposes for which we collected it, including:
- if you complete a test drive, to our insurance provider, regulatory authorities and other third parties involved in road traffic, toll or parking infringements;
- if you purchase a new Polestar vehicle, to regulatory authorities, finance companies, roadside assistance providers, vehicle pick up and delivery providers, wireless service providers, emergency responders and other third parties relevant to a feature of the vehicle or safety recalls;
- if you provide a copy of your driver licence, to our identity verification service provider and, in the case of a test drive, safety recall, repair works or servicing, to our insurance companies;
- if you arrange for safety recall works, to regulatory authorities;
- if you submit an enquiry, request or complaint, to our customer support specialists; and
- if you book for your Polestar vehicle to be repaired or serviced at a Polestar Authorised Service Point, to roadside assistance providers, pick up and drop off providers and regulatory authorities.
7. Accessing or correcting personal information
9. Likely overseas disclosures
We are likely to disclose your personal information to our related entities within the Polestar group in Sweden. We may also disclose your personal information to our service providers in Germany, Ireland, the United Kingdom, and the United States.